Experience history behind the controls of historic aircraft, including Charles Lindberg’s Ryan NYP Spirit of St. Louis, the Douglas DC-3 and the Wright Flyer, the world’s first successful powered aircraft. Interactive multimedia provide a wealth of historical information on the planes and pilots that shaped aviation history. With an updated weather system, detailed visual effects, improved Air Traffic Control functions and 3D interactive cockpits, you will become one with 15 modern aircraft, including the Boeing 777, Robinson R22 helicopter and Beechcraft Baron.
Here’s your chance to experience what it was like to pilot the first solo, nonstop flight across the Atlantic Ocean in 1927 or how it felt to pilot Wilbur and Orville’s Wright Flyer. With all-new interactive 3D cockpits, you can visually scan your environment and fully interact with radio buttons, throttles, switches and controls, just like a real pilot. Along with a choice of nine aircraft that changed the world, you will be able to choose from 15 contemporary aircraft, including the Cessna 172 Skyhawk SP and the Boeing 747-400. While flying, take in stunning scenery and highly detailed graphics, including 23,000 featured airports from around the world. Customize your own weather themes or choose automatic live updating similar to real-world weather. You are now in control of any chosen aircraft. Are you ready to take flight?
- Access insightful articles, briefings and interactive lessons
- Learn the amazing stories behind each of the historical aircraft and pilots who made them famous
- Choose from nine historic aircraft and 15 contemporary aircraft
- View stunning graphics with expanded AutoGen scenery
- Create custom weather with the improved Real-World Weather system
- Operate aircraft controls, flip switches and tune radios
- Go inside interactive 3D cockpits